Memorial Day feels like the beginning of summer, and we know you have questions about hosting the perfect summer barbecue! While Café Pierrot could do the entire party for you, we totally understand if you want to be the grill master. We have experience throwing parties, and today we want to pass that knowledge onto you!
All good parties start with a serious list. Our catering director has a master list for every party with #allthethings …. Consider adding these often-forgotten items to the list:
- Napkins, Napkins, Napkins: you can never have too many!
- Condiments (your guests love choices!): ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, radish, BBQ sauce, salsa, tahini, chimichurri
- Serving utensils: make a list of all the different foods you’ll be serving, and be sure to purchase enough spoons and tongs
- Garbage Bags: you’ll probably go through more than you think
- Check the propane for the grill! And double check that the grill is clean and working properly.
- Bug spray and sunblock: There’s nothing worse than standing in front of the grill all day and then walking away with a terrible sunburn :/
- First aid kit!
Even if you know you have something, just find it, check the quantity, and then cross it off the list. I speak from experience.
This is where we come in. You don’t want to spend the entire day at the grill, but you want a nice party with a few specialty items. Check out our DIY Barbecue menu and order a few of our favorites. All you need to worry about grilling are the burgers and hot dogs.
- Pineapple Pork Kabobs
- Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders (our chefs make THE BEST pulled pork)
- Fresh Mozzarella Platter
- Grilled Vegetables
We’ll drop these pans off hot, so you can just put them out for your guests. WE also sell our high-quality 8oz Black Angus beef burgers so you can grill your own.
No party is complete without some decorations. Don’t overlook the finishing touches…
- Tablecloth (Target, Christmas Tree Shoppe, Dollar Store… anything): Add some color to your table!
- Flowers: Add a few potted plants to your table for some interest. And send them home with guests if you don’t want them.
- Fun Paper Products: HomeGoods has some pretty cute paper napkins, plates, and cups. They’ll turn your standard backyard barbecue into an Instagram event.
- Twinkle lights!
- Mason Jar Drink Dispenser: The cutest way to serve large quantities of iced tea! Make infused water by throwing in some lemon, cucumber, or watermelon (fruits with skin, like blueberries, don’t work as well for this).
- Balloons: Very important if this is a birthday party, maybe not as important for a weekend get together. But you can’t go wrong with balloons any time of the year.
Planning a graduation, anniversary, or wedding? We cater gourmet barbecues with a beautiful presentation, and you just sit back and relax.
Don’t slave over a hot grill – enjoy your guests and your summer with our experienced chefs and serving staff. Visit our website and give us a call to start planning!