The traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner is a favorite for our St. Patrick’s Day dinner. But with all of our dessert options, we thought we’d share some beautiful table ideas to add a professional touch to your gathering.
Decorating for your party
- Green & Gold: For a classy party, incorporate lots of gold and dark green to bring an elevated look to your table display. We love these gold mason jars for small and simple flower arrangements, and we found the gold table runner at Home Goods.
- Super Simple Sign Holders: we used green, gold, and white large binder clips to hold up our signs. Simply clip the sign into the binder clip and squeeze the tabs to remove. We will definitely use this method over and over again!
- Fun Backdrop: We used green streamers and this Studio DIY template to make this shamrock cut-out backdrop. We also LOVE these giant streamers from Studio DIY, so you should try those out!
Now for the food! Below is a list of exactly what is pictured.
For a full list of Café Pierrot’s St. Patrick’s Day offerings, visit this page!
- Corned Beef & Cabbage: Café Pierrot sells this complete meal for 8-10 people, so you don’t have to worry about cooking a huge meal on a busy weeknight! We are also serving the meal in the Sparta location during the week of St. Patricks Day, and you can pickup a serving as a Dinner- To-Go from our Andover location.
- Irish Soda Bread: This delicious bread is similar to a scone, so it can even be eaten for breakfast on the holiday. Of course, we think it goes perfectly with the Corned Beef dinner.
- Cupcakes: 6 of each
- Mint Chocolate Macarons: 2 dozen (you can never have too many!)
- Mini Mint Mousse Cups: 1 dozen
- Mint Chocolate Cake: Chocolate Cake filled with Chocolate Mousse, iced with Crème de Menthe Buttercream and Garnished with Chocolate Curls
Click here to download the free printable signs!
We love our coffee at Cafe Pierrot, and we’re happy to say that we support local roasters with our coffee.
Our house coffee is a Sumatra Blend and is freshly roasted by Lavanta Coffee in Washington Township, NJ. Lavanta is Fair Trade Certified, Rainforest Alliance Certified, and participates in Direct Trade. They also support women producers in these different origins.
The Fair Trade Sumatra blend that we carry in store “offers earthy, spicy, mouth-filling, supple coffee with pronounced aromatics of exotic earth notes. It has a sturdy, pronounced, but not overbearing body.”
Since Lavanta is “direct trade,” they work with the farmers in Indonesia, Colombia, and other origins to ensure a quality product. Being Fair Trade Certified means the farmers work in a safe environment and are paid a fair wage for their labor. Through the Rainforest Alliance, Lavanta coffee has planted 1,000 trees in the deforested jungles on Indonesia.
Working with Lavanta provides us with great coffee and supports a great farming practices around the world!
Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays at Cafe Pierrot – so many desserts! We thought we’d put together a dessert table, so you can have some ideas for a Valentine’s party! Complete with some free printable watercolor signs to add the finishing touch.
All the dessert items are listed below, and you can find our full Valentine’s Dessert Menu here.
We recommend ordering One Dozen of each dessert to get a full table.
- Macaron Tree: This tree comes with 35 macarons displayed on a plastic tiered stand
- Sprinkle Heart Cookies
- Raspberry Blondies
- Mini Cannolis
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Mini Heart Cupcakes
- Mini Raspberry Mousse Cups
This table has so many pretty touches. We used our Cricut machine to cut almost 50 hearts for the banner and table.
The banner is simple red & white baker’s twine with tiny red clothespins holding the hearts – found both items at Target!
The signs are 4×6 images, so they fit perfectly into any picture frames. We used a pink/purple watercolor image and added the descriptions.
Click Here to download the PDF versions of our signs, including some blank signs for you to write your own descriptions.
Hope these ideas help you plan a perfect Valentine’s Party! Let us know if you use these signs – especially if they are paired with our product!
Three King’s Day is traditionally celebrated on the 12th day of Christmas, Epiphany, celebrating the visit of the three wise men to Jesus.
This cake portrays many symbols for the season. The green, purple, and gold colors represent the colors of kings and royalty. A small plastic baby is baked into the cake, symbolizing baby Jesus. Whoever finds the baby, like the kings found Jesus, must host the Mardi Gras party next year.
The baby also symbolizes good fortune for the person who receives it.
The Epiphany holiday falls on January 6th ending the Christmas Season and beginning the Mardi Gras Season. The Mardi Gras or Carnival season continues until Fat Tuesday – the day before Ash Wednesday.
Our King’s Cake is made with a sweet enriched dough with swirls of nuts, butter, and cinnamon sugar. The perfect addition to any Mardi Gras celebration!
Call or email our store to reserve your cake!
Mardi Gras begins next week, and we’re busy preparing catering and restaurant specials for this fun time of year!
If you’re having a party, check out our catering and dessert menus and save yourself some stress over food!
Decorating for this holiday is one of our favorite parts, with gold and the jewel-toned colors. We used some simple gold cake stands, white plates, and decorations from Party City. And don’t forget the masks!!
Call our store to reserve beautiful mask cookies, yummy sprinkle cupcakes, and a delicious King’s Cake in time for your event.
With playoffs in progress and Superbowl 50 approaching, we can’t wait to throw a Game Day Party!
You can find our Game Day Catering Menu here, and these are some of our favorites:
- Pulled Pork (add some dinner rolls to make sliders!)
- Mac and Cheese
- Our beautiful Antipasto Salad
- Delicious Mini Sandwiches
- Dessert!! mini cupcakes, cookies, brownies….
Now for decorations!
We used chalkboard signs, artificial grass, and vintages pennants to add some team spirit to our party.
DIY Field Goal Signs: Using this chalkboard stand from Michael’s, we painted the outline of a field goal in yellow and added a football sticker – so simple, and perfect for a football party!
The “Tackle Your Appetite” Menu was written on a chalkboard easel from Michael’s.
We cut Artificial Grass to fit our buffet table.
Don’t forget to order specialty cookies with your favorite player’s jersey number & color!
It’s Oktoberfest at Cafe Pierrot. This special menu is offered October 8-10 and October 15-17. Visit the Cafe website for complete menu. http://www.cafepierrot.com/oktoberfest/
Sauerbraten with Spaetzle and Red Cabbage
Weisswurst platter with potato pancakes
Oktoberfest combination platter with Roast Pork, Smoked Pork, Weisswurst, Bratwurst, Leberkase, and Maultaschen.
For this weekend’s specials we are serving up Oysters Rockefeller, Asian Skirt Steak and some delicious desserts. Stop by Friday night before or after the free Sparta concert series. Concerts start at 7 pm at the Nicholson Pavilion in Dykstra Park.
Asian Skirt Steak Marinated and grilled served with crispy baby potatoes and grilled vegetables: zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant.
Oysters Rockefeller oysters on the half shell filled with sauteed spinach and topped with a creamy gratin sauce.