As catering experts, we answer some of the same questions over and over again. Some clients have entertained often and want to know the full value of our services, while others are new to hosting and need some advice. These are the top questions (other than, how much does it cost 😝 ) that we get almost weekly.
Why choose full-service over DIY?
We actually love both options and can even find some middle ground.
- We do everything: you enjoy your party!
- Rental and vendor management
- Our chefs cook at the event in a mobile kitchen
- Professional waitstaff serve your guests
- Set-up and clean-up included
- You love to plan parties and decorate: all you need is the food!
- Pick up (or we deliver) the food hot in insulated boxes
- You simply lay out the food in wire chafers at the party
DIY fits most party needs with a streamlined, delicious menu that’s hot and ready to serve. We also offer delivery/setup when necessary, so just ask!
Full-service is usually chosen for a wedding, holiday party, big anniversary party, etc. where the job is bigger than you can handle alone.
What’s included in full-service catering?
We work with you on a custom menu and the timeline of the event. Our staff will unpack and clean-up, and you’ll never even know we were there!
- Work with host on a realistic timing schedule so the day-of runs smoothly
- Ensure rentals arrive properly (tent or dance floor installed properly)
- Event Setup
- Buffet decorations.
- If you need us to handle the rest of the decorations, we can do that, too!
- We bring our own stoves/grills and cook anywhere.
- Custom menu usually includes:
- Passed and stationery appetizers
- Gourmet entree options
- Coffee & Tea service
- Dessert display (we specialize in custom cakes!)
- Clean up after the event
- Coordinate rental returns if necessary
Do you offer vegetarian or vegan meals? gluten-free?
Our chefs love planning new menus around dietary restrictions. We have created completely vegan weddings and always offer gluten-free cake options. Just contact us to get started dreaming up a yummy menu!
Will there be a menu tasting?
If you would like to try your menu items, we will add them to our dinner specials in our Sparta restaurant. We do not provide individual catering menu tastings.
We do have wedding cake tastings at our Andover location regularly.
Where do you prepare the food? Do you use the on-site kitchen?
In order to keep things clean and efficient, we rarely use the client’s kitchen area. The exception would be an industrial kitchen at a venue, like Hillside Park. We prefer to keep your space sparkly clean!
How do you handle alcohol and the bar?
We do not have our own liquor license, so you can arrange to purchase your own alcohol with your local liquor store. This can save you money!
We will coordinate bar setup with glasses, ice, and non-alcoholic beverages according to client preferences.
We can recommend bartenders for your event, or you can have a bartending friend run that side of things!
Anything we missed?
Comment with your questions below, or send an email to email@example.com for more details.